So you’re trying to install Realtime Landscaping Architect 2, and the installation fails on the third CD because of an invalid signature in the
setup11.cab file. What now? This problem seems to happen on Windows 7 and is actually is not an indicator of your setup file being corrupt, and can be circumvented.
The trick is copy all the installed files as soon as the error window appears. You could also kill the setup process at this point, but this may still delete all the files (this happened with me, anyway).
The steps are:
- Run the installation process as normal. Run setup.exe, insert disk 1, disk 2, and finally disk 3 until the invalid signature error appears.
- Find the Realtime Landscaping Architect folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtime Landscaping Architect 2) and make a copy of the entire folder.
- Click OK on the error dialog. The installer will now remove all the files that it installed (rolls back the installation) and states that “The Realtime Landscaping Architect 2 Setup Wizard ended prematurely.”
- No worries – we have a copy. Find your copy of the installation folder, and rename it back to “Realtime Landscaping Architect 2”.
- Since the installation script didn’t finish properly, you won’t find a shortcut to Realtime Landscaping Architect 2 in your start menu. You can still make one yourself, though. Create a shortcut to C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtime Landscaping Architect 2\Realtime Landscaping architect.exe and you’re good to go.